Are you interested in going back to school, but not sure that you’re ready? Don’t delay your decision any longer! You may be surprised that the skills you’ve acquired in the workplace, while raising a family, or while serving in the military are transferable to the college setting. Chances are, you’re better prepared than you think!
UC offers a College Readiness Evaluation that helps you assess your skills and identify where you are on the college-ready spectrum. This self-paced online program can also be used to strengthen specific skills you need for the career you want. There are many different reasons to use the program – you can find out if you are ready for college and improve your work skills, or you can enhance your opportunity for advancement and raise your confidence in achieving your goals.
The program begins with a one-on-one consultation with a certified trainer who will guide you as you begin the evaluation. Your knowledge and progress will be evaluated as you proceed, and you can return to areas you would like to reassess. You will then learn and practice skills in these areas:
- Reading for Information (understanding complex materials and concepts and drawing conclusions)
- Applied Mathematics (fractions, formulas, ratios, and problem solving)
- Locating Information (charts, tables, graphs, identifying trends, and interpreting data)
- Listening (accurate note-taking from verbally transmitted information)
- Writing (smooth style, proper mechanics and grammar)
- Observation (focusing on and remembering details)
- Teamwork (process planning, decision making, conflict resolution, and leadership)
- Applied Technology (analyzing and problem solving using basic physics principles)
Explore your options!
The evaluation also features a career component, so you can explore occupations that interest you and learn which ones match your talents, aptitudes, and vocational or professional goals.
You’re also invited to attend an information session with UC staff. This is an opportunity to learn more about University College and the academic coaching model used by UC’s academic advisors, along with information about degree programs, financial aid, child care options, tutoring, and much more. Click here for information session dates.
PROGRAM FEE: $125 per person
For more information, contact:
Karen S. DeJarnette, Director, TEDCenter
E-mail address: email@example.com
Andrea German-Willis, Associate Director, TEDCenter
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: 700 University Ave., Room 305