Much of the value of TMR stems from the mix of participants and viewpoints. One of TMR’s objectives is to assemble a cross-section of citizens from business, government, and various types of nonprofit organizations. Regular attendance is expected and is considered critical to achieving the program’s objectives. It is important to not limit attendance to particular topics or speakers, as the greatest benefit often comes from presentations on topics that may not be familiar or of perceived personal interest.
A prospective member is considered on these criteria:
- Brings diversity of viewpoint to the Roundtable
- Exhibits interest in a broad range of social and public issues
- Has a reputation as a “doer” and will use information gained through TMR in the community
- Is a contributor to community endeavors
- Makes a commitment to regular attendance
To apply, attach a letter describing why you are interested in joining TMR, an up-to-date resume, and a letter of reference. Applications are reviewed quarterly.
Download Thursday Morning Roundtable brochure and application (pdf)