The Haudenosaunee Promise scholarship program brings the rich educational experiences of Syracuse University to Native American students. These scholarships are reserved for admitted, qualified, first-year and transfer students studying part-time at University College. They were established to recognize the University’s gratitude and appreciation for the historical, political, and cultural legacies of the Haudenosaunee, and to honor the bond that has developed between the University and the Haudenosaunee.
Qualified students receive financial assistance equal to the cost of tuition, and mandatory fees for each year of part-time undergraduate study.
• Student must be an admitted first-year or transfer student
• Student must be a certified citizen of one of the historic Haudenosaunee nations (Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, Seneca, or Tuscarora)
• Student must be a current resident of a listed Haudenosaunee nation territory*
• Student must be pursuing his/her first bachelor’s degree
• Student must file for financial aid by published deadlines
• Students must maintain part-time academic status (1-11 credits per semester) and a minimum grade point average of 2.5
Six Nations (Canada)
Oneida of the Thames (Ontario)
Oil Spring Seneca
Click here for a Haudenosaunee Promise Application.
University College Financial Aid Office
700 University Avenue, Room 107
Syracuse, NY 13244-2530